Mindset – Resilience in Challenging Times
There is no denying that every single one of our lives has been altered right now.
In chaos it’s normal to feel fearful, anxious and scared.
It becomes easy to believe we have no control over our emotions too.
We must remember there are always things you can do that can help when you are experiencing those feelings.
Of course, it is important to recognise that it is okay to feel that way sometimes and recognise that its completely normal to be experiencing those emotions. We’re all human. But we must do all we can not to become consumed by these feelings.
We must focus on what we can control, rather than what we can’t, it’s not easy I know but with a few pointers it doesn’t have to be that hard either.
So, this week, I thought we could discuss some techniques you can begin to implement to:
- Reduce stress, anxiety and feeling isolated
- Stay productive, focused and connected
- Maintain good mental health
- Cope with change
Techniques to reduce stress, anxiety and feeling isolated
Taking care of your mental health should be your top priority through all of this. You cannot thrive in your business if you do not start each day with a clear and optimistic mindset.
Here are 12 things you should implement to help reduce stress, anxiety and feeling isolated.
- Listen to the facts, stop mindlessly scrolling: With an abundance of information being available right at our fingertips, it is so easy to become consumed by headlines, sad stories and uneducated information. We need to carefully choose what news we listen to.
- Practice mindful meditation
- Exercise regularly – Endorphins, Endorphins, Endorphins!!
- Stay connected with your team, your family and your friends VIA technology
- Take a break – it’s okay to do nothing for the day – if you need to, take a break
- Just breath!
- Stay hydrated and fuel your body with healthy food
- Make sure you are getting 8 hours of sleep every day
- Find a new hobby
- Talk about how you are feeling – we are all in this together, reach out to your coach or mentor and share how you are feeling so they can help
- Develop new skills and challenge your capabilities whilst at home
- Set realistic goals for yourself so you can achieve these
How to manage your team working remotely, ensuring they stay productive, focused and connected in their new environment
Helping your team to foster good habits whilst working from home will ensure everyone stays productive. It may take some time to adjust, so here’s some pointers to consider:
- Ensure everyone starts the day as if they were going to the office
- Stay connected with the team via daily meetings
- Use task management tools online
- Lead by example and move your body before work – making the transition straight from your bed to your computer is not recommended!
- Keep the same structure to the day as you would have in the office
- Ensure the team choose a dedicated workspace
- Communicate to your team what is expected of them daily and hold them accountable
- Encourage your team to take clear breaks – lunch breaks are important for mindset
- Maintain the same standards as you do in the office – you will be less productive working in your PJ’s!
Whilst we move forward, into uncertain and unknown times, we must focus on maintaining optimism and focusing on what we can control.
If you are feeling worried – reach out
Whether that be to a family member, a friend, a colleague or us here at Business Benchmark Group.
There are people around to help.
Don’t suffer in silence – together, we will get through this.
Good News Story for the Week:
To carry on the positive news stories, we thought we would share what our wonderful client Brad Teasdale is doing,
Brad owns TEASLEC Electrical - an electrical and solar company.
Given everything happening currently, Brad has had to make some pivots in his company.
He is now offering a low out of pocket finance system to ensure his services are now afforable.
Take a look at their current Facebook Campaign.
What pivot can you make to assure you have sales coming through your doors?
Power to you!
CEO, Business Benchmark Group
Looking for a business coach? Find out more about the Board of Directors 12 Business Coaching Program.
Stefan Kazakis on 5 May 2018
Responding to change is a critical part of the culture and operations of the business. You, your team and your business must be agile and flexible. ...Read more