Over the past few weeks, I've been doing a deep dive into how to get more of your customers to recommend you more often.
As I've mentioned many times, most of your happy customers want to recommend you. But if you just sit back, say nothing and hope they mention you to someone, someday, then it's unlikely they actually will.
You must make it easy for your happy customers to tell their friends about you.
You must be proactive. Ask them to tell their friends, remind them, make it easy and incentivize them!
To help with this, you might consider creating a "Recommendations Kit."
A "Recommendations Kit" can be given to anyone who is connected with your ideal target market, and could use this kit can be used as a "prop" to help recommend your business to them.
The kit should not be just a sales brochure! Instead, focus on providing value and useful information - and identifying and addressing the actual needs of the prospect.
The kit might be either physical or digital. Regardless, it must be engaging and informative, and help to educate your prospect to make a more informed decisions about your product or service.
An effective recommendations kit will:
- Help your prospect understand the problems they may have and the consequences of inaction
- Helps them understand the possible solutions you offer
- Gives your prospect the first step of a plan for resolving that problem
- Your prospect will see you as an expert and already highly regarded by someone they know and trust
- People will also be more inclined to recommend you as they have something of real value to give to prospects to help explain what you do. Low risk for everyone involved!
Focus on helping the prospect by providing as much value as possible.
Really understand their needs, and help them evaluate their options.
If you've shared useful knowledge, you will now be at the top of their list when they're ready to buy.
Your recommendations kit might include such things as:
- Pre-prepared social media images and posts
- Pre-prepared emails
- Testimonials and case studies from clients
- Links to download exclusive content
- eBooks, Audio Books and Videos
- Educational Information / Technical Data
- + Much more...
Once again, your Recommendations Kit must provide value. Don't just create a sales brochure.
Your clients will recommend you to far more people when you reduce the "risk" as much as possible. And you can do that by focusing on providing as much value as possible for the new prospect.
Power to you!
Founder and CEO, Business Benchmark Group
Looking for a business coach? Find out more about the Board of Directors 12 Business Coaching Program.
Stefan Kazakis on 5 May 2018
Responding to change is a critical part of the culture and operations of the business. You, your team and your business must be agile and flexible. ...Read more