Business Advice on Using Your Time Wisely
Do your to-do lists get achieved by the end of business every day? Or do they get pushed back and re-scheduled?
You need to prioritise the three things you need to achieve each day vs. the traditional to do list.
Focusing on - and achieving - just the three most important things is better than having a series of ‘to dos’ that remain incomplete. It's the critical few vs the trivial many.
Here's 10 strategies to employ every day that will help you achieve your business goals.
10 tips to building wealth and business success daily:
1. Set your priorities.
It is key to winning back control of your invested time.
2. Pinpoint your short and mid-term goals.
This keeps your active tasks aligned, offering you the clarity to define your goals and develop both form and structure for achieving them. Listen to our podcast about planning for growth.
3. Select the appropriate tasks to complete as a business owner.
Focus on your highest hourly-rate tasks that will grow your business and set you up for long-term success. Listen to our podcast about hourly rate identity.
4. Effectively delegate your tasks and do this early within each day.
5. Have an organised workspace so that everything is within reach and can be easily located.
6. Manage your emails and voice mails so that they don’t become ‘your master’
7. Minimize your interruptions.
If your time is overloaded, say so and if you can’t fit in everything, decide what is urgent and vital, and what can be rescheduled and delegated.
8. Accept procrastination, being a perfectionist or a control freak.
Learn how to position these traits so that they do not cost you time. Focus on your outcomes and set them in motion or get more people involved to get them achieved.
9. Time is money. Know your own value and focus on the tasks that you excel at. Eliminate or delegate tasks that are time consuming and lower value to people who can do it better than you. Consider outsourcing.
10. Employ the concept of leverage and how to use it.
If employed appropriately leverage can catapult your time management efforts. Get much more done with less effort! Read more about how to leverage your team.
Employ these 10 steps effectively into your daily activity and your time will be invested wisely.
Power to you!
Do you fear that you are wasting time, and cant focus on your businesses priorities?
A Small Business Mentor would provide advice to help you move forward, and tick off those daily priorities.
At Business Benchmark Group, we specialise in advising Melbourne small business. Our specialist coaching programs will accelerate your growth using our tried and tested business advice.
Let's chat about your Melbourne business. Contact us today.
Stefan Kazakis on 5 May 2018
Responding to change is a critical part of the culture and operations of the business. You, your team and your business must be agile and flexible. ...Read more